So, this time I was determined to have easy to eat snacks prepared for the whole weekend that were also more on the healthy side and this is what I came up with:
- Snapea Crisps -a good alternative to cheetos, can be found near lettuce/salad packs
- PB&J Crackers -I meant to get just PB crackers but the kids loved these and they were an alternate to messing with sandwiches
- Goldfish -not the greatest but better than chips in my opinion and I get the whole grain version to feel better about it too!
- Cherries -just make sure you take a baggie for the pits
- Grapes -perfect no-guilt snack
- Apples w/dipping sauces -dips include yogurt, PB, & caramel and none were too high in calories
|I hate how some packaging can get glommed|
up at the beach so this was the solution for
the Goldfish and crackers.
I have a great cooler tote bag I got for donating blood that I shoved all the fruit in with ice packs. I love that tote and will covet it forever. (on a little side note: I highly advocate giving blood, it is one thing we can give that doesn't cost us anything but time and you can get cool garb on top of it! win/win!)
I found similar totes while I was browsing Big Lots today that came with one big tote like mine and a mini one for $20. Worth the investment, you will not be sorry!
|Big Lots - $20|
The cooler tote fit in a big old Victoria's Secret beach tote along with the dry snacks and we were good to go. Once we got to the beach I ran down to the gas station and got a little styrofoam cooler to fill with ice, water, and juice which would have been cheaper to have gotten before we went to the beach, but there again, you live and learn! I should probably go back to Big Lots and just pack drinks in a separate tote with ice packs (so long as the drinks are pre-chilled)...