Friday, January 21, 2011

Adventures of a Thrift Store Shopper

Shopping at thrift stores has become an obsession for me. I can only compare it to what men feel like when they go hunting, it's the thrill of the kill! Nothing gets me more excited than finding a gem amongst the seemingly endless racks of riff-raff. For example, we have a thrift store in town that has occasional 50% off days and they get hit hard! I find it far too tempting to buy things for $2 and $3 rather than their usual $4 and $6 so I usually make it a point to hit it up with the rest of the thrifty folk. During the last sale I attended I found a perfect L.B.D. How much did I pay? $3!!! AMAZING! 


Usually I have an accomplice to go with me for moral support and to see who can nab the best find. I own a Dior sweater thanks to another 50% day when I was victorious. How much? $5!!! 


Sometimes, I will hit up the thrift store on my lunch break and this happens...


Couldn't quiiiiite get the zipper up myself so I turned that bad boy around to make sure this would be a smart purchase. I think I paid $6 or so, and it is a Dillard's-ish brand that retails between $40-$80. It's in perfect condition and I love it. I wear it to work which means I have to wear it with the correct side in front, paired with a brown cardigan and some flats (in a metallic color like that of the dress) from Target for about $4. 


Stay tuned for more Thrift Store finds. I am currently obsessing over pretty dishes and earrings or other bobbles to make pretty things out of and hope I can feature something soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment