Saturday, January 29, 2011

Strawberry Delight

Today our little family headed over to a local farm to pick strawberries for the first time. The farm we visited also has a petting zoo which was free unless you wanted feed (25 cents/handful). It was so nice to spend time outside as a family and it's always so much fun watching our daughter interact with animals and  experience new things. 

 "Feed me!" -Sir Goat
 Counting sheep...
 Are all donkeys friendly?
There's nothing like a fresh picked strawberry, add this to the bucket list!

I will say that I think picking strawberries would be easier for parents with children a bit older (our daughter will be two in a month). Our daughter didn't really understand that we could only pick certain strawberries so we had to keep a very close eye on her. 

Finding a farm nearby was so easy. I used this website: 
Then, I just followed a link to the farm we visited. No muss, no fuss. We paid $2.50/lb. We got over seven pounds! My husband has already made chocolate covered strawberries and topping to make strawberry short cake. I see a lot of running in my schedule this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment