Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bring on Spring

Florals, bright colors, sunshine, and Easter, I'm ready for it all. I cannot wait for spring! The first previews of spring seemed to be all around me and inspired some impromptu crafting... Enjoy!


Mother Nature:

These are neat little birds that fascinate our daughter, as well as our dogs. They stab their long, pink beaks into the ground looking for something to nosh. They're probably tearing up the next thing photographed, but they're so beautiful I almost don't care.

As I looked out into the back yard today I realized that our grass is growing back from the dead! The new baby grass is so bright green and vibrant, it really lifts my spirits just looking at it.


On to the crafting:

I went to Michael's today with a thought in my head and a gift card in my pocket. My original plan didn't come to fruition but as I was roaming the isles I found these sweet flowers amongst scrap booking supplies and I immediately knew what I'd do with them!

More sweet spring whimsies...

       
...viola!

...ta-da!

This is my first time using E-6000 on bobby-pins and ring pads. I used Gorilla Glue on the last ring pad I made something with and the adornment ended up popping off and I'm really not a fan of how GG bubbles when it dries. I didn't want to use hot glue because I don't like the strings created by it. I have used E-6000 on other crafts and I've never had a problem with it. The adornments on each bobby-pin and ring pad were on snug after about thirty minutes but I'm still going to wait over night until I wear an item. If I have an issue with anything staying glued I will post about it.

Bobby-pins with blanks and ring pads can be found on both Etsy and Ebay, just shop and compare since there are new postings on each site all the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment