Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Little Slice of [my] Life

This is my little setup on my little side of the bathroom sink (his & her sinks in the master a MUST in the next house we buy). I just set this up about a week ago and I'm proud to say it's still this organized. All of my go-to makeup and jewelry is right there so I feel so organized and so girlie getting ready in the morning. I really don't think I could be in a bad mood looking at this. 


The serving platter has been kinda just sitting around since I made it from thrift-store plates and tea cups a while back for a display at a craft fair (flop). The bowls are from a recent trip to Michael's where I picked them up for $0.49 each! I'm still obsessing about buying more of those bowls as ice cream dishes...

 Thrift store haul when I bought the supplies for the serving dish display.
 Finished serving dish display, naked.
Haul from recent Michael's visit : )

To make yourself a serving dish like I did: find various pretty saucers/plates/tea cups & attach the together with Gorilla Glue. I had to attach each piece one at a time and let it dry with a few text books pushing the pieces together for an hour before I'd attach the next piece. Apply Gorilla Glue very thinly, it expands when it bonds two things together and can cause major bubbling to occur if you use too much.

I'm really into indulging myself a bit with little things that make me happy. I have a lot going on right now so I need inspiration to break up the monotony. 

No comments:

Post a Comment