Monday, June 6, 2011

Hair Fail

I like trying new things with my hair. I get bored very fast with the same "look" so I'm always switching it up. My work is somewhat conservative so the customers get a kick out of anything different. Most of them enjoy seeing what I'm up to, some tend to poke fun... What's life without a little fun though?

Today I attempted something I've never done before: a side swept chignon. I'm usually not a fan of anything having to do with your hair off to the side since you can look off balance or a little to cray-cray... BUT after seeing this tutorial on Pinterest, I just had to get her a whirl because it looks so darn elegant.

Front view
I thought it looked good from the front, especially considering that I've been out of hair spray for a few weeks now! I procrastinate about buying certain things in life and I'm not sure why. They are things that feel like a waste of money but are kind-of essential such as: razors, shaving cream, new toothbrushes, mascara, AND hair spray apparently!

Back view.
Love my coworkers for taking photos of the back
of my head, it's not rare for me to ask.
The problem was the back. I didn't do very well with the placement of my pins so it didn't look as polished as I would've liked. I will say that even sans hairspray this 'do held up all day and even looked better as it dropped lower and a few strands came loose. I think next time I will attempt to achieve the look I got by the end of the day by loosening some strands and going back over them with the curling iron.

Ut-oh.
On a silly side note, I always try to make sure I either take my t-shirt off before I do an up-do and have an outfit I can step into or button up or already be in my outfit but for some reason (I call it Monday morning) I forgot. This is me realizing my mistake : )




1 comment: