Sunday, September 25, 2011

Simple Baby Shower

I hosted a baby shower for one of my coworkers and dear friends last week. It was a small get-together of close friends and fellow coworkers so it was held in a little cafe here in town. The cafe is already so quaint and perfect in and of it's self  so I didn't do any decorating but I adorned the tables with treats to snack on before, during, and after our meal. I also included chocolate covered pretzels for each guest as a thank you for attending.

I really appreciate the new trend of "build a library" showers because I'm not a fan of greeting cards but I am a fan of the message they can send; therefore, why not give a child a book that you loved so they can make new memories? After I knew I would hold a library shower I was in search of a vintage-y feeling invite to match the ambiance of the cafe the shower would be held in... Etsy to the rescue, once again! I came across lil Mop Top and had to have these invites! Jen was amazing and made sure every aspect of the invites were perfect, I'm positive I squealed when I got them in the mail. Jen also has a lil Mop Top blog, stop by and leave her some love!

I was in love with these invitations from "GO!"
They've been edited by me for privacy purposes.

Fancy two-bite brownies & mini red velvet cupcakes

Favors


"The Daddy Cake"

I'm starting a new trend for baby showers (at least the ones I host) in what I call "The Daddy Cake". Let's face it, we don't want men at our baby showers (any more than they want to attend any kind of shower) until it's time to haul everything home but I think it's nice to show appreciation to the father of this new bundle he helped make possible : )

2 comments:

  1. Aw- you are so sweet to mention me! I am so glad you liked the invites. All the desserts at the shower looked super yummy! LOVE the Daddy Cake. I will have to remember that for the next shower I throw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I love the idea for a daddy cake too, they need to be appreciated and recognized more.

    ReplyDelete